Not that it will do much good, but FWIW, I sent this to the BBB (they are not accredited even regardless). But they should not be able to treat patience this way. Invalid or not.
I’ve used them for quite a while now. However how ‘STUPID’ their central office is boggles the mind. Here are some of the major problems I have with them.
- they do not handle nursing needs of a general doctor however they also will drop you the second they find out you have a doctor.
- they do not cover narcotic Rx nore other therapies necessary for in-home treatment of conically ill people. EVEN though their own website might say otherwise.
I take Oxycodone for pain, a very strong, dangerous and street-common drug. I am a good patient, never sell or give my pills away, they are my own and I unfortunately need them. However to get them is insanely difficult. You can do it through your general practitioner or through a pain management doctor.
Problems with pain management :
- you have to pee every month, on queue this is almost impossible for me.
- you have to show up at the office every month. No car, also very difficult for me
- They only care about covering their ass and not you, the patient.
My GP retired and my insurance, United Healthcare, themselves helped me get a new GP through a company called House Call Doctors (http://www.hcdmd.com/). They are in network and covered and my new GP is now there. They also send out a nurse once a month to monitor my narcotic meds and they Rx my Oxycodone. Delivered to my door once a month. HEAVEN!!!
They also had an IVIG done. My Neurologist had SoluMedrol IV done the week before. All trying to get my nerves shrunk down and better. I asked B Healthy @ Home multiple times about how they would do in-home IV. Their services even say IV therapy. Just not SoluMedrol, IVIG, etc. apparently. Repeatedly they stated they do not do in home IV treatments or offer up narcotic medications to me via their central office number.
So why do I use B Healthy @ Home? Physical Therapy. They have in-home PT. My personal one, also a friend, to remain nameless for now, is phenomenal. I can’t speak for others. Long ago I had another guy who wasn’t bad. They also do Occupational Therapy.
They also however send out a nurse every so often to make sure the PT/OT is doing proper, etc. I hadn’t seen a nurse for a few months. One comes out today, does a few things, then everything is instantly CANCELED.
I was told, we can not nurse with other in home services.
- they did not offer any of the other services I needed, including a full GP.
- they actually helped me get into this particular position because after repeated attempts to get THEM to help with things like in-home IV, etc, they ‘do not offer those services’.
- as soon as I got my own general practitioner, they dropped me instantly. So don’t have your own doctor and try to use their services… Even though.. my doctor is the one who REQUESTED their services (PT), etc… Does any of this make ANY sense to you?
You know, more and more I try to figure out what GOOD they really are (B Healthy @ Home). The only thing they can offer me was PT and OT. And then as soon as I got a doctor, they stopped that a second later. They could NOT (or would not, I asked multiple times, otherwise it would not have taken 3 months to get the Rx IVs finished) perform the in-home items prescribed by my neurologists or full fill the pain medication necessary for me to function.
I Love my current PT. Losing her would suck, but this company is SOO difficult to work with. I had three nurses from multiple different companies out here for the different IVs. No one had any issues with anyone else. At one time, two were here at the same time. One finishing paper work on one IV after it was over, one starting the next. But that’s apparently too good for B Healthy to deal with, with them, it’s them or nothing, and since they actually can’t do anything that was prescribed to me; FUCK EM!
I use them now for PT, or did. I have never used them for any nursing, their nurses only monitored PT. Their nurses couldn’t offer what I needed for doctoring. So there a go, if you need a tiny in-home treatment, they might work for ya. If you need anything more or complicated, RUN!
And what is the worst? They did not even ASK me anything. One day I had PT, the next day I find out I was ‘discharged instantly’ due to multiple nursing services. No discussion, etc. They didn’t even do any ‘nursing’ for me, just PT and their nurses to monitor their own PT. THAT IS ALL. They WOULD NOT do what else I needed even though I always asked them first. Answer was always ‘We do not offer those services’.
House Call Doctors is my new GP. That means ‘General Practitioner’. But because of that, B Healthy @ Home pulled my therapy which was already approved through insurance, as was their own nurse coverage for the year for the few visits that remained since they came out once per quarter.
There ya go, from the mouth of a real patient suffering with terminal Progressive Multiple Sclerosis.